It's all about the music
“An intensely wrought and burnished performance…Overall, I wished I could put them on repeat.”
– Strings Magazine
“David Fung was startlingly good…There are few young pianists that have the unassuming charisma, charm and natural talent of Fung.”
– The Los Angeles Times on MCP pianist David Fung
“All four [MCP members] seemed to light up…Unrolling in a gorgeous surging melody, they generated a robust sound.”
“From the first bars it was blindingly clear that [Mr. Fullana] was something special”
– The Boston Globe on MCP violinist Francisco Fullana
“These were absolutely stunning performances – luminous, probing, deeply personal and drawn with unerring emotional accuracy.”
– The Washington Post on MCP pianist Adam Golka
“[Mr. Fleming] had a glowing refinement…and was responsible for much of the glide and grace in the performance.”
– The Philadelphia Inquirer on MCP violist and Artistic Director Luke Fleming
“The humour, sensitivity and sheer beauty of the playing affirm that Goulding is capable of tremendous performances.”
– The Strad on MCP violinist Caroline Goulding
“[Mr. Janss] played with a glowing tone and insightful musicianship, resulting in a characterful whole.”
– The New York Times on MCP cellist Andrew Janss
“Rock-solid technique and magnetic, wide-ranging tone, which has violinistic lyricism in the upper range, cello-like gravity in the lower range, and classic viola tone in the middle.”
– The Philadelphia Inquirer on MCP Violist Ayane Kozasa
“[The performance] was imbued with distinctive character, and cellist Michael Katz’s bold, rich sound especially captivated the ear.”
– The Strad on MCP cellist Michael Katz
“[Ms. Fayette] played with an alluring, lustrous sound and seasoned virtuosity.”
– The New York Times on MCP violinist Elizabeth Fayette
“At every point…Fung has a strong sense of thematic control and structural overview that suggests more great things to come.”
– The Philadelphia Inquirer on MCP composer Vivian Fung
“Lyricism that stood out…a silky tone and beautiful, supple lines.”
– The Strad on MCP violist Milena Pajaro-van de Stadt
“…immediately drawing listeners in with his beautifully phrased and delicate playing.”
– The New York Times on MCP violinist Alexi Kenney
“A confident, fully-grown composing talent.”
– The Washington Post on MCP composer Chris Rogerson
“Compelling…a bristling, incisive rendition.”
– The New York Times on MCP violinist Siwoo Kim
“The most ravishing sound…”
– The Strad on MCP violist Molly Carr
“[Robin Scott] showed off his sweetly-spun tone and formidable technique.”
– The Washington Post on MCP violinist Robin Scott
The Manhattan Chamber Players is a chamber music collective of New York-based musicians who share the common aim of performing the greatest works in the chamber repertoire at the highest level. Formed by Founding Artistic Director Luke Fleming, MCP is comprised of an impressive roster of musicians who all come from the tradition of great music making at the Marlboro Music Festival, Steans Institute at Ravinia, Music@Menlo, Yellow Barn and Kneisel Hall Chamber Music Festivals and Perlman Music Program, and are former students of the Curtis Institute, Juilliard School, Colburn School, New England Conservatory, and Yale School of Music.
Manhattan Chamber Players is a 501(c)3 organization.
Please have a look around our website for more information!
Click on the video below to learn more about MCP through performances by and interviews with our world-renowned artists.
More at our YouTube Channel!
Sign up here to get the latest news and concert updates.
View Full Calendar
© 2018 Copyright Manhattan Chamber Players | NYC and maxwellcarlscott.com